We are pleased that you are interested in helping with the organization of the event as a volunteer. Every year between 200 and 600 volunteers are involved in organizing the Run Ukraine events. Thanks to your dedication, perseverance and conviction, the biggest races are held at the highest level.
With the development and popularization of healthy lifestyle and sports events in Ukraine, the volunteer association «Run Ukraine – Volunteer Club» invites schools, educational complexes, lyceums, vocational schools, academies, sports schools, universities and associations, as well as initiative, caring, energetic people to cooperate and try themselves in this field.
Each event volunteer receives:
- volunteer T-shirt
- event backpack
- food, water
- volunteer diploma
- special offers from Run Ukraine
- new acquaintances,
- unforgettable experiences
- incredible positive emotions
Areas of responsibility:
1.Work on the preparatory stages four days before the main event:
- Assemblage of starter packages
- Assemblage of finisher’s packages
- Coordination of movement of participants according to the schedule of the races
- Informing drivers, residents and visitors of closed streets according to the route of the event
- Control and direction of the participants along the route of the race
- Monitoring physical condition of participants
3.Food and hydration stations:
- Set up of food and hydration stations
- Filling cups with water
- Slicing fruit and bread
- Set up of the cooling station (pads)
- Bringing cups to the race participants
- Distribution of finisher’s packages to the race participants
4.Storage locker room(on the day of the event):
- Receiving and returning the items by the starting number.
- Storage of the belongings of the participants.
5.Marathon Village (on the day of the event):
- Control over access to the starting block;
- Awarding finishers with medals;
- Media accreditation.
6.Distribution of the starter’s packages:
- Distribution of starter’s packages to the participants;
- Explanation of schedule information on the day of the event.
For more information, please, write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact person: Andrii, Volunteer Manager.